How to cook Sesame Crusted Alaska Halibut
- 1 1/2 pounds Alaska halibut, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt to taste
- Season the Alaska halibut fillets with salt to taste.
- Brush meat side, not skin side, with egg white.
- Spread sesame seeds on plate.
- Gently press each halibut fillet meat side down into sesame seeds to coat.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over low heat, being careful not to brown butter.
- Place the halibut fillets sesame side down in pan, and cook until slightly golden on bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn each halibut fillet skin side down, cover, and cook over low heat until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, 4 - 5 minutes.
- Garnish the Sesame Crusted Alaska Halibut with lemon wedge.
The Sesame Crusted Alaska Halibut is an affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 10 minutes.
This recipe for Sesame Crusted Alaska Halibut serves/makes: 4
The Sesame Crusted Alaska Halibut recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed