How to cook Shrimp Banh Mi with Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh hoagie rolls to serve
- For Pickled Vegetables:
- 1 organic cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes(optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- For Sriracha Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used Best Foods mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- Rinse shrimp, pat dry, place in a medium bowl. Add all the seasonings, garlic and sesame oil, mix well and set aside.
- To prepare the pickled vegetables, using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice the cucumbers thinly, if not organic, please peel them first.
- Peel carrots and using a vegetable peeler create carrot ribbons. Slice radishes thin if using. Add vegetables to bowl, top with remaining ingredients, mix well and allow to sit on counter, stir every 5 minutes.
- To prepare the sriracha mayo, mix both ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a medium skillet. Add bell pepper and onion and saute for a few minutes, add shrimp and saute for about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and assemble sandwich.
- To assemble Banh Mi sandwich, split bread in half, top bread with sriracha mayo, place drained pickled vegetables on top of bottom bread, top with sauteed shrimp and veggies and more spicy mayo if you like.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
The Shrimp Banh Mi with Spicy Sriracha Mayo recipe easy to cook and so good!
A Banh Mi
is a Vietnamese sandwich with pickled vegetables. I love to use organic produce whenever possible.
This recipe for Shrimp Banh Mi with Spicy Sriracha Mayo serves/makes: 4 sandwiches
The Shrimp Banh Mi with Spicy Sriracha Mayo recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Sandwich