How to cook Shrimps with Madeira Sauce
- 24 large boiled shrimps
- 6 ounces (190 mL) canned lobster bisque
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) dry white wine
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 ounce (30 mL) Cognac
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- 3 ounces (95 mL) Madeira wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot, boiled white rice
- Into a bowl, mix together dry white wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper marinate shrimps in mixture for approximately 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil brown shrimps for 3 minutes.
- Throw away cooking oil pour in Cognac, flambe shrimps, mix in chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in cream lobster bisque and Madeira wine simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve over hot, boiled white rice.
This recipe for Shrimps with Madeira Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Shrimps with Madeira Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed