How to cook Shrimps with Sugar Peas
- 1 pound / 4 cups (454 g / 1 L) medium-size fresh shrimps, shelled and veins removed
- 4 ounces (113 g) sugar peas
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) flour
- Pinch grossly crushed peppercorn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweet red pepper, grossly chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) boiled, hot spaghetti
- Into a measuring cup, mix together milk, Dijon mustard, flour and crushed peppercorn reserve.
- Over medium heat, brown chopped onion and sweet red pepper in vegetable oil, for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix in shrimps and sugar peas brown over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimps are firm and no longer translucent, stirring.
- Remove all ingredients from fry pan keep warm.
- Pour in dry white wine heat over medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until wine is reduced by half.
- Whipping, pour in reserved milk mixture.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, until sauce is thick enough, still stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in warm reserved shrimp mixture.
- Serve over hot spaghetti.
1 cup (250 mL) = 237 calories
This recipe for Shrimps with Sugar Peas serves/makes: 4
The Shrimps with Sugar Peas recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed