How to cook Sicilian Broccoli with Anchovies
- 2 tablespoons drained, canned anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash the broccoli and separate into florets, leaving as much stem as possible. Cook in boiling, salted water, uncovered, for about 6-8 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the bread crumbs and cook over a fairly high heat until crisp and golden, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and anchovies and cook for 2-3 minutes, mashing the anchovies so they dissolve into the oil.
- Drain the broccoli and transfer to a warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and then the bread crumb mixture, scraping the crumbs from the pan.
The Sicilian Broccoli with Anchovies recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Italian name for this recipe is Broccoli con Acciughe Alla Siciliana
This recipe for Sicilian Broccoli with Anchovies serves/makes: 6
The Sicilian Broccoli with Anchovies recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered