How to cook Sicilian Walleye Fillets
- 4 walleye or saugeye fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Extra virgin olive oil for baking
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly coat the bottom of a baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place walleye fillets on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 325°F oven for about 30 minutes.
- While the fish is baking: in a small saucepan combine the extra virgin olive oil, tarragon, chopped capers, garlic, salt and pepper; heat mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove fish from oven, when fish pulls apart easily with fork it is done.
- Let the fish rest for three minutes.
- Plate the Sicilian Walleye Fillets, drizzle warmed sauce over the fish.
The Sicilian Walleye Fillets is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Sicilian Walleye Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Sicilian Walleye Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Baked