5 - 6
How to cook Simmered Florida Mullet with Black-eyed Peas
- 1/2 pound grilled, broiled, or smoked Florida mullet meat
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Break mullet meat into bite sized portions, set aside.
- Mash peas lightly, just until all are broken.
- Combine peas, onion, pepper, garlic, pepper sauce, salt and vinegar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add mullet meat and cook until heated through.
- Serve the Simmered Florida Mullet with Black-Eyed Peas immediately as a side dish.
The Simmered Florida Mullet with Black-Eyed Peas is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 15 minutes. Served as a side dish.
This recipe for Simmered Florida Mullet with Black-eyed Peas serves/makes: 5 - 6
The Simmered Florida Mullet with Black-eyed Peas recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered