6 - 8
How to cook Simmered Halibut with Dumplings
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) halibut, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) flour
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour
- 2 teaspoon (10 mL) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- In a casserole, brown together butter and flour.
- Add and brown chopped onion and celery.
- Pour in water simmer until thickened.
- Salt, pepper and then add fish pieces.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, until almost done.
- Meanwhile, mix together all dough ingredients.
- Add spoonfuls of dough to fish mixture.
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes longer.
Serve along with boiled potatoes.
This recipe for Simmered Halibut with Dumplings serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Simmered Halibut with Dumplings recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered