How to cook Simmered Monkfish with White Wine Sauce
- 4 monkfish fillets ( 6-8 oz each)
- 12 oz fresh tomato, pureed
- 2 oz olive oil
- 8 oz white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 oz white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill large skillet with water.
- Add wine, vinegar, the monkfish and parsley.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare White Wine Sauce:
- Heat olive oil until very hot.
- Add garlic and saute until brown.
- Add fresh tomato and stir to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the simmered monkfishand from broth and slice.
- Add to sauce.
- Cover skillet and simmer 3 minutes.
The Simmered Monkfish with White Wine Sauce is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 15 minutes.
Monkfish is generally called the poor man's lobster for its delicate taste and velvety texture.
This recipe for Simmered Monkfish with White Wine Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Simmered Monkfish with White Wine Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered