How to cook Simmered Orange Roughy in Red Wine
- 2 orange roughy fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 wineglass good red wine plus more as needed
- Chopped shallots to taste
- Chopped onion to taste
- Herbs to taste (such as basil, dill, parsley)
- Salt and pepper
- Place fish in skillet or shallow pan.
- Pour glass of wine around it and add shallots, onion, and herbs to your liking. Season with a little salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, over very, very low heat.
- Turn orange roughy fillets after about 20 minutes. If wine cooks away, add a little more.
- Cook for 45 minutes total, or to the doneness you desire.
The Simmered Orange Roughy Fillets in Red Wine is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Don't be afraid to substitute tilapia
, or any other white fish for orange roughy
This recipe for Simmered Orange Roughy in Red Wine serves/makes: 2
The Simmered Orange Roughy in Red Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered