How to cook Simple Baked Smelt in Sour Cream
- 1 pound smelt (or capelin, mackerel, flounder)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Clean the fish (if you use mackerel or flounder, cut into portion size). Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish in a baking dish (or baking pan) in a single layer. Pour the sour cream over it and bake in the oven at 355°F (180°C) for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the Simple and Easy Baked Smelt in Sour Cream hot with boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
The Simple and Easy Baked Smelt in Sour Cream
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Simple Baked Smelt in Sour Cream serves/makes: 4 servings
The Simple and Easy Baked Smelt in Sour Cream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Baked