How to cook Simple Kerala Fish Curry
- 1 1/2 pounds whitefish fillet, cut into large cubes
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Piece of ginger root, grated
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Stir fry onion, garlic, ginger, peppers and leek for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vinegar, cumin and curry powder and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the whitefish cubes, stir carefully and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve the Kerala Fish Curry hot with steamed rice (or roti / paratha).
The Simple Kerala Fish Curry recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
is a state located in southwestern India. Fish is an integral part of Kerala Cuisine
. There are hundreds of variations for Kerala Fish Curry
. Some use Kudam Puli (Kokum/Kokam), while others use tamarind or tomatoes. Some prefer it with Coconut Milk. Others roast and grind Coconut and so on.
This recipe for Simple Kerala Fish Curry serves/makes: 4
The Simple Kerala Fish Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered