3 - 4 servings
How to cook Simple and Easy Fried Smelt or Capelin
- 10 - 12 freshly frozen smelt or capelin, thawed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and cut off head.
- Remove the black film lining the cavity. You can either pull the edge of it with your fingers or scrape it off with a knife.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper; roll fish in it.
- Fry in hot olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the Simple and Easy Fried Smelt or Capelin hot, garnished with sliced cucumber and green onion.
The Simple and Easy Fried Smelt or Capelin
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Simple and Easy Fried Smelt or Capelin serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Simple and Easy Fried Smelt or Capelin recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed