4 - 6 servings
How to cook Singaporean Abalone in Oyster Sauce
- 1 pound canned abalone
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 12 snow peas
- 4 spring onions
- 1 pound round lettuce, to serve
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine or dry sherry
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- Drain liquid from can of abalone. Slice abalone in paper-thin slices.
- Soak mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes, then cut off and discard stalks and slice each mushroom into 4 pieces.
- String snow peas and cut into bite-size pieces. Cut spring onions into similar lengths.
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce and wine, add a little to the cornflour and mix until smooth, then combine with water.
- Bring to the boil in a small pan, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms, snow peas and spring onions.
- Cook, stirring until the vegetables are tender but still crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add abalone and just heat through. (Do not cook abalone on high heat or for longer than is necessary or it will toughen.)
- Place the abalone attractively over the lettuce. Pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Serve the Singaporean Abalone in Oyster Sauce hot.
The Singaporean Abalone in Oyster Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Singaporean Abalone in Oyster Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Singaporean Abalone in Oyster Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered
Cuisine: Other Asian
(more Other Asian