How to cook Sizzling Bangus Sisig
- 1 large size whole bangus (milkfish), scaled, cleaned, and head removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 - 5 Thai chili pepper, finely chopped
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Eggs to serve
- Calamansi to serve
- Season bangus with salt and pepper to taste. In a pan over medium heat, heat about 1-inch deep of oil.
- Add fish and cook until golden brown, turning as needed to cook all sides. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Debone fish and flake meat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions, garlic, ginger and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until limp and aromatic.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce and chili peppers. Bring to a boil. Add flaked fish, stirring gently to combine.
- Cook until fish is heated through and liquid is reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Sizzling Bangus Sisig, topped with raw egg on a sizzling hot plate with calamansi and steamed plain rice. Immediately mix the egg while the plate is hot and squeeze calamansi. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
The Sizzling Bangus Sisig recipe easy to cook and so good!
Sizzling Bangus Sisig
recipe is the healthy alternative to the fatty Pork version, Bangus lovers will absolutely love this truly Filipino dish. In cooking Sisig you can also use other fish like tuna, mullet, tilapia, galunggong or dalagang bukid if bangus is not available.
The Filipino national fish is milkfish. The milkfish is a national symbol of the Philippines, where it is called bangus. Because milkfish is notorious for being much bonier than other food fish in the country, deboned milkfish, or "boneless bangus", has become popular in stores and markets.
This recipe for Sizzling Bangus Sisig serves/makes: 4 servings
The Sizzling Bangus Sisig recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed