How to cook Smoked Haddock
- 1 pound (454 g) smoked haddock
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk or light cream
- If needed, skin fish cut haddock into individual servings or bite-size pieces.
- In a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate, melt butter for 2 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Add haddock sprinkle fish with pepper, cover and microwave fish for 3 minutes on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Mix together cornstarch and milk or light cream pour all over fish.
- Simmer for 5 minutes on 'MINIMUM-MEDIUM'.
- Stir and serve immediately.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Peeled and boiled, parsleyed potatoes are a tradition with this dish.
This recipe for Smoked Haddock serves/makes: 3
The Smoked Haddock recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave