3 - 4
How to cook Smoked Haddock Pudding
- 1 pound (454 g) smoked haddock
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 4 tablespoons (60 g) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) mashed potatoes
- Pepper, to taste
- Juice and grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) celery salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) minced fresh savory
- 3 eggs
- Arrange smoked haddock into a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate.
- Sprinkle fish with bacon dices pour in just enough water to cover the bottom of the plate.
- Cover plate microwave at 'MEDIUM' for 10 minutes.
- Transfer smoked haddock onto a warm plate and brush 1 tablespoon (15 g) of butter on top of fish leave to cool.
- Break-up cooled fish mix together broken-up fish and mashed potatoes.
- Mix in pepper, lemon juice and grated rind, minced onion, celery salt, minced parsley and savory.
- Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter on 'MAXIMUM' for 1 minute pour into fish mixture.
- Separe egg yolks from egg whites.
- Lightly beat egg yolks stir into fish mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry fold into fish mixture.
- Butter a 4-cup (1-L) microwave-safe dish pour in fish mixture.
- Sprinkle generously with paprika.
- Microwave for 12 to 14 minutes, on 'MEDIUM'.
- Serve immediately.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
A light haddock pudding, that can easily be served with a green salad, seasoned with oil and vinegar.
This recipe for Smoked Haddock Pudding serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Smoked Haddock Pudding recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave