How to cook Smoked Haddock with Stuffed Tomatoes
- 12 ounces (340 g) smoked haddock
- 4 large tomatoes (1 1/2 pounds / 680 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) skimmed milk
- 4 ounces (113 g) cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) chopped chives
- Parsley sprigs (to garnish)
- Slice top of each tomato at an angle, reserving tops.
- Delicately remove tomato meat from each tomato turn hollowed tomatoes up-side-down, leave to drain.
- In an 8-cup (2L) microwave-safe casserole, cook smoked haddock in skimmed milk, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', until fish is easily broken-up with a fork.
- Drain fish, remove skin and bones break-up fish into tiny pieces.
- Mix in cottage cheese and chives pepper to taste.
- Stuff drained tomatoes with fish mixture top with reserve tomato tops.
- Arrange stuffed tomatoes onto a plate.
- Microwave stuffed tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', turning plate twice.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley sprigs.
This recipe for Smoked Haddock with Stuffed Tomatoes serves/makes: 4
The Smoked Haddock with Stuffed Tomatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave