How to cook Smoked Mackerel Salad with Horseradish
- 8 ounces smoked mackerel, bones and skin removed, and coarsely flaked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- Dark rye croutons, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, horseradish, garlic, oil, and vinegar until well blended.
- Add the green onions, parsley, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Fold in smoked mackerel. Adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Place greens on plate. Top with smoked mackerel salad. Surround with rye croutons and serve.
The Smoked Mackerel Salad with Horseradish is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well. Preparation time: 10 minutes.
This recipe for Smoked Mackerel Salad with Horseradish serves/makes: 4
The Smoked Mackerel Salad with Horseradish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew