6 (8 snails per serving)
How to cook Snails (Escargots) a la Bourguignonne
- 48 small graysnails or "escargots de Bourgogne"
- 2 ounces (60 g) finely chopped washed and sorted parsley
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) peeled, finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) peeled, finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) ground blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) salt
- 5 1/4 ounces (150 g) butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together parsley, green onion, garlic, almonds and salt.
- With a fork, beat butter until smooth mix into parsley mixture lightly pepper.
- Arrange snails into individual snail oven-proof dishes evenly top each snail with herbs-butter mixture.
- Bake into a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Butter must not brown, it must remain clear.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve immediately.
For a really green snail butter, salt parsley so that it will bleed its green color and therefore color the butter.
This recipe for Snails (Escargots) a la Bourguignonne serves/makes: 6 (8 snails per serving)
The Snails (Escargots) a la Bourguignonne recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Baked