How to cook Snails a la Bourguignonne
- 18 snail shells
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce / 213-mL) can snails
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) softened butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 mL) chervil
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) nutmeg
- Quite a few hours before serving, wash and well drain snail shells, onto paper toweling.
- Drain snails set aside.
- Into a medium-size bowl, well mix together butter, garlic, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, chervil and nutmeg.
- Fill each shell with a generous 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) butter mixture cover.
- Push one drained snail into each shell evenly top with remaining butter mixture.
- Delicately arrange stuffed snail shells, opening on top, into special individual snail dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving, preheat to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake snails in shells, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes, until butter mixture is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe for Snails a la Bourguignonne serves/makes: 3
The Snails a la Bourguignonne recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Baked