How to cook Snails in Coconut Milk (Ginataang Kuhol)
- 1 pound fresh snails
- 2 cups coconut milk (sold in Oriental food stores)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup coconut cream (sold in Oriental food stores)
- Wash snails thoroughly. Put snails in a pot with water to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Gently tap and break the narrow end of each snail to loosen the meat.
- Remove from shell and wash. In a medium pot, place the snails and the coconut milk.
- Simmer for 15 minutes over moderate heat. Add salt and ginger.
- Add coconut cream. Lower heat. Do not stir.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the Ginataang Kuhol hot with steamed rice.
The Snails in Coconut Milk (Ginataang Kuhol) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Snails in Coconut Milk (Ginataang Kuhol) serves/makes: 4
The Snails in Coconut Milk (Ginataang Kuhol) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered