4 - 6
How to cook Snails with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Garlic
- 36 to 48 canned snails, drained
- 6 tablespoons (90 mL) butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sun-dried tomatoes, grossly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thyme, to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) white wine
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Grated cheese (any)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Dry snails as much as possible, using paper toweling.
- Into a fry pan, in melted butter, brown together onion flakes, minced garlic and chopped sun-dried tomatoes, for 2 minutes, stir.
- Mix in salt, pepper and thyme.
- Mix in reserved snails.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Pour in white wine reduce by 1/3rd.
- Evenly arrange snails into 4 individual snail oven-proof dishes.
- Sprinkle each snail with a little parsley, then with grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven, until cheese is lightly browned.
Escargots' lovers must try this recipe!
If desired, use onion salt instead of onion flakes, being careful not to over salt.
Serve with a crusty bread.
This recipe for Snails with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Garlic serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Snails with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Garlic recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Baked