How to cook South African Whitefish with Prawns
- 1 pound whitefish fillets
- 1/2 pound prawns (shrimps)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 ounces spinach, very finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the flour with the paprika powder, cinnamon and pepper and salt to taste and roll the whitefish fillets through the mixture.
- Fry the fillets seven minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, stir fry the onion, the red pepper and the garlic.
- Add the spinach and fry until it has shrunk.
- Add the coconut milk and the prawns and heat it well.
- Serve the fried whitefish fillets with the spinach-prawn sauce.
The South African Whitefish with Prawns recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for South African Whitefish with Prawns serves/makes: 4
The South African Whitefish with Prawns recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed