3 - 4 servings
How to cook Spaghetti with Calamari and Peas
- 1 pound calamari (squid) tubes
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 ounces) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup frozen peas
- A small bunch parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Defreeze the calamari tubes if frozen, wash and pat dry. Cut into thin rings, about 1/4 inch wide. Finely chop the onion, the garlic cloves, and the rosemary.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and cook the onions on a medium-low flame for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, calamari rings, chopped tomatoes, red wine vinegar, sugar, and rosemary. Add some salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
- Add the peas and continue simmering, uncovered, for another 10 minutes. Chop the parsley and add most of it to the pan after you turned off the heat. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime cook the spaghetti according to a package instruction.
- Serve the calamari in tomato sauce over spaghetti and sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.
The Spaghetti with Calamari and Peas
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Spaghetti with Calamari and Peas serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Spaghetti with Calamari and Peas recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pasta