How to cook Spanish Anchovy Zucchini Fritters
- 2 canned anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Season the flour with plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fill a deep, heavy-based saucepan a third full of oil and heat to 350°F (180°C) or until a cube of bread dropped in the oil will browned in 15 seconds.
- Toss the zucchini in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess flour. Carefully drop a few zucchini slices into the oil and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on crumpled paper towels. Repeat with the remaining floured zucchini slices.
- In a small saucepan, warm the extra virgin olive oil gently over low heat for a few minutes, then add the garlic and anchovies and cook for 3 minutes without browning.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sherry vinegar.
- Toss the zucchini fritters in a bowl with the garlic and anchovy oil and sprinkle the parsley over the top.
- These Spanish Anchovy Zucchini Fritters fritters are delicious served hot, and can also be eaten cold the following day.
The Spanish Anchovy Zucchini Fritters recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Spanish Anchovy Zucchini Fritters serves/makes: 40 fritters
The Spanish Anchovy Zucchini Fritters recipe is adopted from Tapas Spanish Appetizers by Anne Wilson.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried