4 as part of tapas
How to cook Spanish Tapas Tomato and Anchovy Toasts
- 1 1/2 ounces can anchovy fillets, drained and sliced
- 8 (1/2 inch thick) slices Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 4 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Toast the bread on both sides until golden. While warm, rub both sides of the toast with the cut garlic.
- Cut the tomatoes into halves and rub each side of the toast with some of them, so that the juice and seeds soak well into the toast but do not saturate it. Chop the remaining tomatoes and pile on the toasts.
- Drizzle each toast with the oil and top with anchovy fillets. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
The Spanish Tapas Tomato and Anchovy Toasts recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
are Spanish style appetizers, which are served in small portions and eaten informally in bars before a hearty lunchtime meal or at the end of a workday.
This recipe for Spanish Tapas Tomato and Anchovy Toasts serves/makes: 4 as part of tapas
The Spanish Tapas Tomato and Anchovy Toasts recipe is adopted from Tapas Spanish Appetizers by Anne Wilson.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked