How to cook Spicy Bahamas Broiled Shark Steaks
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen shark steaks, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Finely chopped Bahamian bird pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray coating
- Orange slices and fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Thaw the shark steaks, if frozen.
- Cut into serving size pieces.
- For marinade, in a shallow bowl combine orange juice, onion, chili sauce, gingerroot, soy sauce, basil, and bird pepper.
- Add the shark steaks turn to coat with marinade.
- Cover marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick spray coating.
- Drain the shark steaks, reserving marinade.
- Place the shark steaks on rack.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- Using a wide spatula, carefully turn the shark steaks over.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes more or untill fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish the Spicy Bahamas Broiled Shark Steaks with orange slices and basil leaves, if desired.
The Spicy Bahamas Broiled Shark Steaks recipe for spicy food lovers. Can be ready in 45 minutes.
For a better taste put the shark fillets or steaks in milk or buttermilk and soak overnight. That will draw out any unpleasantness.
Don't be afraid to substitute grouper, wahoo, swordfish or tuna
This recipe for Spicy Bahamas Broiled Shark Steaks serves/makes: 4
The Spicy Bahamas Broiled Shark Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled