How to cook Spicy Broiled Salmon Sliders with Chipotle Mayo
- 1 large salmon fillet, about 14 ounces
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Ciabatta buns or sandwich buns
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- For Chipotle Mayo:
- 3 tablespoons light mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you have a mild taste only use an 1/8th of a teaspoon)
- Put your oven’s broiler setting on low or at 500°F (260°C).
- Cover a large baking pan with foil, spread a tablespoon of olive oil down and set aside. Next season your salmon by sprinkling a teaspoon of cayenne pepper over the top. Add a bit of cracked black pepper and place fillet in baking pan.
- If you pick your salmon up fresh you can usually ask them to remove the skin and cut the fillet in half. If you just pick it up prepackaged like we did you’ll be able to remove the skin after you cook it.
- Broil salmon for 5-7 minutes or until top of fillet is flaky.
- Slice your other toppings while you’re waiting for the salmon to cook.
- If your fillet still had the skin on the bottom is should slide right off. Cut the fillet in half and place on your sandwich buns.
- To make your own chipotle mayo, mix mayo, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Stir until all the seasoning is blended in.
- Spread onto your sandwich bun, add other toppings, and serve!
The the Spicy Broiled Salmon Sliders with Chipotle Mayo
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Spicy Broiled Salmon Sliders with Chipotle Mayo serves/makes: 2 sandwiches
The Spicy Broiled Salmon Sliders with Chipotle Mayo recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Sandwich