How to cook Spicy Fish Stew with Coconut Milk
- 1 3/4 pounds any saltwater white-fleshed fish fillets (I used pollock fillets)
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- For Chili Paste:
- 4 small dried chili peppers (or to your taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Put the chili peppers in a saucepan and pour in 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the garlic, cumin, coriander, and lemon juice.
- Blend with a food processor or blender until a smooth paste and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and add the chopped onion.
- Saute, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chili paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Wash and dry the fish with paper towels.
- Cut the fish fillets into 1 ½-inch cubes and season to taste with salt.
- Put the fish pieces in the skillet and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, with the lid closed, until the fish is cooked, for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish the Spicy Fish Stew with Coconut Milk with the chopped cilantro and serve with an easy side dish of your choice.
- Goes well with steamed plain rice.
- Bon appetit!
The Spicy Fish Stew with Coconut Milk
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Spicy Fish Stew with Coconut Milk serves/makes: 6 servings
The Spicy Fish Stew with Coconut Milk recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew