How to cook Spicy Honey Grilled Squid (Inihaw na Pusit)
- 2 jumbo pusit (squids) - about 2 pounds
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Spicy Honey Marinade
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 - 3 Thai chili peppers, minced
- Lemons, cut into wedges to serve
- For Spicy Honey Marinade: in a bowl, combine honey, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and chili peppers. Stir together until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Hold the tail tube portion of the squid and with fingers, grasp the cuttle bone (the thin, clear cartilage inside the tube) and pull from the squid's body. Remove black ink, wash and drain well.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, place prepared squid and add Spicy Honey marinade.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Drain squid, reserving liquid. In a sauce pan, boil remaining marinade for about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Divide tomato-onion mixture and stuff each of the squid. Grill squid over hot coals for about 4 - 5 minutes on each side, regularly basting with remaining Spicy Honey marinade.
- Serve the Spicy Honey Grilled Squid (Inihaw na Pusit) hot with lemon wedges, ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
The Spicy Honey Grilled Squid (Inihaw na Pusit) recipe easy to cook and so good!
The Spicy Honey Grilled Squid (Inihaw na Pusit
) is made with jumbo squid, marinated in spicy honey marinade, stuffed with tomatoes and onions and grilled.
This recipe for Spicy Honey Grilled Squid (Inihaw na Pusit) serves/makes: 4 servings
The Spicy Honey Grilled Squid (Inihaw na Pusit) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled