How to cook Spicy Pan Fried Mullet
- 1 large or 2 small fresh whole red mullet (pelengas), about 3/4 pound total weight
- Flour for breading
- Olive oil for frying
- For Spicy Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off the head and fins.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the fish into 4-5 pieces.
- To prepare the spicy marinade, combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the fish to marinade and turn the fish pieces to ensure a good coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- Then roll the marinated fish in flour.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the fish, over medium heat, until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve the Spicy Pan Fried Mullet with an easy side dish of your choice and fresh vegetables.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes.
The Spicy Pan Fried Mullet
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Spicy Pan Fried Mullet serves/makes: 2 servings
The Spicy Pan Fried Mullet recipe and the pictures are adopted from Eduard Makarov.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed