3 - 4
How to cook Springtime Haddock
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) haddock steaks or fillets
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fish stock or water
- 1 to 2 cups (250 to 500 mL) small frozen peas
- 3 or 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wipe dry fish steaks or fillets with paper toweling.
- In an 8-inch (20-cm) square dish, preheat oil for 3 minutes at 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix in garlic, bay leaf, flour and parsley.
- Stir well mix in fish stock or water.
- Add fish steaks or fillets and frozen peas.
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave for 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Stir peas and cooking liquids leave to rest for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish onto a hot plate.
- Delicately break-up eggs into cooking juices.
- With the tip of a knife, break-up egg yolks.
- Cover with waxed paper microwave on 'MEDIUM', 1 to 2 minutes per egg.
- As soon as eggs are set, serve each fish serving with an egg and a little sauce.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 5 minutes
This recipe for Springtime Haddock serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Springtime Haddock recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave