4 - 6
How to cook Squid in Wine and Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds (900 g) squid (calamari)
- 3 onions
- 7 ounces red wine
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 fresh tomato, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 3 ounces oil
- Pepper to taste
- Clean squid. Cut the tentacles. Stuff the squid body with the tentacles you have cut.
- Use a saucepan to saute the onions in oil. Then add squid and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the wine the pepper, tomato paste and the tomato and cook until squid are tender. Add some water if required.
The Squid in Wine and Tomato Sauce (Kalamaria me saltsa kokkinou krasiou kai tomatas) is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
The Squid in Wine and Tomato Sauce can be served cold or hot. Goes well with steamed rice.
This recipe for Squid in Wine and Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Squid in Wine and Tomato Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed