How to cook Squid with Bacon and Garlic
- 1 3/4 pounds fresh squid, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 4 ounces slab bacon, cut into lardons
- 3-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chapped dill and or parsley to garnish
Vegetable Couscous Ingredients:
- Place the bacon in a frying pan and cook over medium heat until lightly golden brown and the fat has been rendered.
- Increase the heat to high and add the garlic, olive oil, and squid, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the squid for about 3 minutes or until just cooked through. (Do not overcook or the calamari rings become chewy like rubber!)
- Sprinkle with greens before serving.
- Serve the Squid with Bacon and Garlic hot.
- Goes well with rice or couscous, as a side dish.
- I served with Vegetable Couscous (see the recipe below).
How to cook Vegetable Couscous
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound couscous
- 14 ounces water or broth
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, put in the chopped onion and carrot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and zucchini, stir fry until all vegetables are tender, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Then, add the chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in broth or water, add salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir. Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
The Squid with Bacon and Garlic
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too, especially with the Vegetable Couscous!
This recipe for Squid with Bacon and Garlic serves/makes: 4 servings
The Squid with Bacon and Garlic recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed