How to cook Steamed Pompano with Ginger-Soy Sauce
- 2 (about 1 3/4 total weight) whole pompano, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons ginger sauce or 4 tablespoons freshly grated ginger with the juice
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Toasted garlic to taste
- Cilantro leaves (locally known as wansuy), chopped
- Clean the fish by gutting and removing the gills. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Make several diagonal slashes on each side of a cleaned fish, maybe every inch or so. Place the fish in a heat proof dish.
- Mix together the ginger sauce or grated ginger, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Pour over the fish, reserving about 2 tablespoons for later use.
- Steam the fish over briskly boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- When the fish is done, remove the dish from the steamer and pour the reserved sauce over the fish. Sprinkle with toasted garlic and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve the Steamed Pompano with Ginger-Soy Sauce hot with freshly steamed white rice.
The Steamed Pompano with Ginger-Soy Sauce
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Steamed Pompano with Ginger-Soy Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Steamed Pompano with Ginger-Soy Sauce recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Steamed