How to cook Stir Fried Lemongrass Frog Legs
- 6 double frog legs (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves and tough green tops removed, root ends trimmed, and stalks finely ground
- 2 unripe star fruit, thinly sliced into stars, to serve
- Vietnamese Scallion Oil (see the recipe below), to serve
Vietnamese Scallion Oil (Hanh La Phi) Ingredients:
- Rinse, drain, and blot dry the frog legs thoroughly with paper towels. Then split them in half through the pelvic bone so you have single legs.
- Whisk together the sugar and fish sauce in a bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and the lemongrass. Transfer the frog legs and marinade to a plastic bag, seal it, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, turning the bag over every 30 minutes.
- On each plate, overlap 8 to 10 star fruit slices in a circle. Working in batches if necessary, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick pan over high heat. Add the frog legs and sear until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Cover and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer 3 single frog legs to each plate, carefully placing them in the center of the star fruit garnish. Drizzle with scallion oil and serve hot.
How to cook Vietnamese Scallion Oil (Hanh La Phi)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, root ends and tough green tops removed, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the scallions and fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then transfer to a heatproof jar.
The Vietnamese Stir Fried Lemongrass Frog recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Ech Xao Xa
This recipe for Stir Fried Lemongrass Frog Legs serves/makes: 4
The Vietnamese Stir Fried Lemongrass Frog Legs (Ech Xao Xa) recipe is adopted from The Authentic Vietnamese Cooking by Corinne Trang - 1999.
Main Ingredient: Wild Game
(more Wild Game
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed