2 - 3
How to cook Stir Fried Shrimp and Sweet Peppers
- 1 pound (454 g) raw large shrimps, peeled, deveined and halved lenthwise
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Whisky (Scotch or Irish)
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chicken stock, canned
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) roasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 mL) soy bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- Generous pinch of white pepper
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) fresh ginger root, minced (optional)
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and cubed (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow)
- In bowl, combine shrimps, Whisky and 3 teaspoons (15 mL) of the cornstarch.
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine remaining cornstarch, chicken stock, roasted sesame oil, soy bean paste, sugar, salt and white pepper set aside.
- Preheat a wok or a large heavy skillet over high heat.
- Heat half (2 tablespoons / 30 mL) of the vegetable oil until almost smoking.
- Stir fry shrimps until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Pour in remaining (2 tablespoons / 30 mL) vegetable oil.
- Stir-fry garlic and ginger root for 20 to 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add peppers cubes stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return shrimps to wok, along with stock mixture bring to boil, stirring until sauce thickens and coats the ingredients.
- Serve the Stir Fried Shrimp and Sweet Peppers immediately.
This recipe for Stir Fried Shrimp and Sweet Peppers serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Stir Fried Shrimp and Sweet Peppers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed