4 - 6
How to cook Stuffed Grouper (Lapu-Lapu Relleno)
- 2 pounds grouper (lapu-lapu)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 cup stuffed green olives
- Sprig of parsley for garnish
- Clean fish. Slit open at back and bone.
- Stuff with alternating layers of egg and ham. Tie securely with a string.
- Dredge in flour. Set aside in a baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F(180°C).
- Heat the olive oil and saute the garlic until brown. Pour over the fish.
- Bake the fish for about 7 minutes until half done, basting with pan oil occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour lemon juice and tomato sauce over it.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes more.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with olives and parsley.
- Serve the Lapu-Lapu Relleno hot.
The Stuffed Grouper (Lapu-Lapu Relleno) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
In the Philippines, the grouper is commonly known as Lapu-Lapu
Fish substitution: any white fish, preferably sea bass
(red snapper may also be substituted).
This recipe for Stuffed Grouper (Lapu-Lapu Relleno) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Stuffed Grouper (Lapu-Lapu Relleno) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Baked