6 - 8
How to cook Sturgeon with Currant Raisin Sauce
- 1 small whole sturgeon
- 8 cups vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ounce currants
- 1 1/2 ounces raisins
- 1 ounce chopped almonds
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 cups white wine
- Lemon juice to taste
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 dash sugar
- Gut sturgeon, remove scales, and wash well.
- Cut into chunks and boil until done in a mixture of vinegar and water.
- Remove fish from broth and keep warm in a steamer.
- Prepare a roux with butter and flour.
- Add currants, raisins, chopped almonds, nutmeg, and white wine.
- Mix well and bring to a slow boil while stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to taste, egg yolks, and sugar. Pour the currant raisin sauce over the sturgeon and serve.
This recipe for Sturgeon with Currant Raisin Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Sturgeon with Currant Raisin Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sturgeon
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered