10 - 12
How to cook Swedish Halibut Balls
- 3 to 4 pounds halibut or cod fish fillets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 quart milk
- Salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg
- Plain flour
- Bacon fat, for frying
- Tomato Sauce (any good commercial brand), to serve
- Bone and skin halibut or cod fish fillets. Put through a meat grinder 3 times.
- Add egg to the fish. Beat well. Add milk, a little at a time. Beat well after each addition, and beat at the end until the fish is light and fluffy and thick enough to stay together. Add salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg.
- With moistened hands, shape into walnut-sized balls. Toss the balls in the flour.
- Drop fish balls into hot, fairly deep bacon fat and fry until well done. Drain on paper.
- Serve the Swedish Halibut Balls with tomato sauce.
The Swedish Halibut Balls recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Swedish Halibut Balls serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Swedish Halibut Balls recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried