How to cook Swedish Herring with Tomato Sauce
- 4 pickled herring fillets, cut into pieces
- 2 gherkins (French cornichons), chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and oil and turn off the heat.
- Stir in the other ingredients and marinate for 2 hours.
- Serve the Swedish Herring with Tomato Sauce with white bread.
The Swedish Herring with Tomato Sauce is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Swedish Herring with Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Swedish Herring with Tomato Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Appetizer