How to cook Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos
- For Shrimp:
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chipotle puree
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For Slaw:
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- For Tacos:
- 2 sweet ripe plantains, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Mango Lime Veggie Fusion
- 10 corn tortillas (or 20, if you want to use double shells for each taco)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Marianne the shrimp in chipotle puree and olive oil for 30 minutes.
- While the shrimp marinates, make the slaw by mixing the cabbage, carrot, cilantro, and sour cream. Season to taste with lime juice.
- In a saute pan with one inch of oil, fry the plantains, flipping at around 4 minutes to cook on both sides. Drain on paper towel and cut lengthwise.
- To make tacos: cook the shrimp over medium-high heat until pink all the way through and then slather each tortilla shell with Veggie Fusions guacamole. Add slaw, fried plantains and top with chipotle shrimp.
- Serve the Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos immediately.
- Bon appetit!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
These Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos are life changing - sweet, savory and packed with delicious veggie fusion guacamole!
This recipe for Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos serves/makes: 10 tacos
The Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Sandwich