How to cook Sweet and Sour Lapu-Lapu Fillets
- 1 pound skinless Lapu-Lapu (or pompano, cream dori, tilapia) fillets, cut into into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
- Salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- For Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- Pinch of salt
- For Vegetable Garnish:
- 1 medium sized carrot chunks
- 1 red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
Sweet and Sour Sauce preparation:
- In a pot, put one cup of water and bring to simmer.
- Add sugar, ketchup, and pinch of salt. Stir constantly until granules are dissolved.
- Make slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 table spoon water. Pour slurry into the pot.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens in about two minutes.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind. Stir until well blended, about one minute.
- Set aside.
Fish Fillet preparation:
- Sprinkle fish fillet with salt and pepper.
- Then dredge with flour. Let flour settle on the fillet for a couple of minutes.
- Deep fry fillet with oil until golden brown.
- Finally, put fillet in plate. Add vegetables for garnishing. Get the lemon sauce and pour over it.
- Stir then serve the Sweet and Sour Lapu-Lapu Fillets hot with steamed white rice.
The Sweet and Sour Lapu-Lapu Fillets
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
Sweet and Sour Lapu-Lapu Fillets
is deep-fried breaded fish in a delicious sweet and sour sauce with an assortment of vegetables. Another delicious Filipino dish is the sweet and sour fish. A Chinese origin but well-loved by almost all Filipinos. Best kind of fishes to be used in this recipe are the meaty but less bony like pompano, cream dori, tilapia and etc.
This recipe for Sweet and Sour Lapu-Lapu Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Sweet and Sour Lapu-Lapu Fillets recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried