How to cook Swordfish Marinated in Recaito
- 6 swordfish steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Puerto Rican Basic Recaito
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup frozen passion fruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 small orange, or more to taste
Puerto Rican Basic Recaito (Recaito Basico) Ingredients:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the swordfish steaks, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours. Turn the steaks every hour.
- While the fish is marinating, prepare the sauce. Melt the butter and add the remaining ingredients, except the oil, bell pepper, and cilantro, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup. Set aside.
- Drain the swordfish steaks and discard the marinade. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet and saute the fish until lightly browned on both sides.
- To serve, arrange the fish on a platter and pour the Orange Sauce over it. Sprinkle the bell pepper and cilantro on top.
How to cook Puerto Rican Basic Recaito (Recaito Basico)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Italian frying pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 sweet chili peppers, seeded
- 3 recao leaves* (if recao leaves are unavailable, triple the amount of cilantro)
- 1 sprig cilantro
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- If using a blender, add some water or oil to the machine before mixing the ingredients.
The Swordfish Marinated in Recaito is Caribbean recipe from Puerto Rico - very easy to prepare and so good!
The Puerto Rican name for this recipe is Camarones a La Criolla
, also known as culantro, is a spice herb grown commercially in Puerto Rico and throughout the tropical Caribbean and Central America. Recao
is a key ingredient in Puerto Rican cooking. The recao
leaves are chopped and added as a spice to most stews and soups.
This recipe for Swordfish Marinated in Recaito serves/makes: 6
The Puerto Rican Swordfish Marinated in Recaito (Pez Espada Marinado en Recaito) recipe is adopted from A Taste of Puerto Rico by Yvonne Ortiz - 1997.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed