How to cook Swordfish Piccata
- 1 pound (454 g) swordfish, 1/2-inch (1.3-cm) thick steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) capers
- Lemon slices
- Pepper swordfish steaks arrange onto a wire rack, into a broiling pan.
- Broil fish for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until flesh turns opaque.
- Remove swordfish from broiling pan, onto a heated serving platter.
- Sprinkle fish with chopped parsley, lemon juice and capers.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
The Swordfish Piccata is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Because of great demand, swordfish is usually sold fresh, most commonly as steaks, with skin on. Swordfish has very few bones, a firm flesh and a distinctive but mild flavor. Store into the coldest part of the refrigerator and serve within one to two days.
This recipe for Swordfish Piccata serves/makes: 4
The Swordfish Piccata recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled