How to cook Swordfish and Ziti with Truffle Butter
- 1 pound swordfish steak, about 1 inch thick
- 12 ounces ziti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon truffle butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Preheat the grill. Combine the garlic powder, salt, thyme and sage in a bowl. Gently rub over the swordfish steak. Set the swordfish aside as you begin the pasta.
- Boil water for pasta and begin cooking according to package instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, sauté for about 5 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, cook for another minute, then add the spinach. Sauté for a few more minutes until the spinach has begun to wilt. Remove the skillet from heat and set aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and then toss with the pepper and spinach mixture, and the other tablespoon of olive oil. Add the truffle butter and parmesan cheese, stirring to combine. Cover the pasta pot to keep warm as the swordfish grills.
- Start grilling the swordfish when the pasta is close to being done the cooking. Spray the grill with oil spray, then place the swordfish on the grill.
- Grill the swordfish with the grill covered for 6 minutes. Flip the fish to the other side. Grill another 6 minutes, and check for doneness. You want the fish to be just cooked through (all white) but still moist. This typically takes 12 to 15 minutes of total grilling time depending on the thickness of the fish. When the swordfish is done remove it to a platter.
- Plate a serving of the pasta, then place a portion of the swordfish on top. Sprinkle a bit of extra parmesan cheese on top of the pasta and swordfish.
- Goes well with a glass of Nebbiolo or other Italian red wine.
The Swordfish and Ziti with Truffle Butter
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Swordfish and Ziti with Truffle Butter serves/makes: 4 servings
The Swordfish and Ziti with Truffle Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled