How to cook Szechuan Shrimps
- 1 pound (454 g) medium-size shrimps, shelled and veins removed
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) hard margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped celery
- 1 medium-size tomato, diced
- 3 or 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) darkening liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) Cayenne pepper
- Into a frying pan, melt margarine.
- Stir-fry celery until tender.
- Mix in tomato dices and chopped green onions.
- Stir-fry for approximately 2 minutes.
- Mix in chili sauce, darkening liquid, ginger, garlic powder and Cayenne pepper.
- Heat and check for seasonings.
- Mix in shrimps.
- Stir-fry until sauce just starts to boil and shrimps are pink and curled-up.
Szechuan - This style of cooking originates from the Szechuan region of China . It is hot, spicy and full of flavor.
Szechwan pepper - is native to the Szechuan province of China, this mildly hot spice comes from the prickly ash tree.
This recipe for Szechuan Shrimps serves/makes: 4
The Szechuan Shrimps recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed