How to cook Tangy Grilled Whitefish
- 4 whitefish (haddock or orange roughy) fillets, about 4 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Heat grill.
- In small bowl, combine all Tangy Sauce ingredients; blend well.
- When ready to grill, carefully oil grill rack (see tips).
- Place fish fillets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6-inch from medium coals.
- Brush with sauce. Grill 6-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning once and brushing occasionally with sauce.
- Bring any remaining sauce to a boil; serve with fish.
The Simple Broiled Lemon Sole recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
To broil fish: Place on oiled broiler pan. Broil 4-6-inch from heat using times above as a guide and brushing occasionally with sauce.
If you don't have a grill rack, you can make one using two wire cooling racks. Brush the bottoms of both cooling racks with oil or spray with Pam. Place fish fillets on oiled surface of one rack, then place the other rack on top of the fillets, oiled side down. If desired, the racks can be wired together on two sides to form a basket. Two fire-resistant heavy-duty oven mitts or two sets of long-handled tongs work well for turning the grill basket over.
This recipe for Tangy Grilled Whitefish serves/makes: 4 servings
The Tangy Grilled Whitefish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled