4 - 6
How to cook Tartar Fried Smelts
- 24 smelts
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour or cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup tartar sauce
- Clean smelts; remove heads and tails, and wipe with a damp cloth.
- Roll smelts in salted flour or cornmeal.
- Fry for about 5 minutes in hot butter or margarine, turning them frequently until a golden brown.
- Serve fried smelts with tartar sauce.
The Tartar Fried Smelts is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 10 min.
This recipe for Tartar Fried Smelts serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Tartar Fried Smelts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed